Yaaaaay, it’s finished! I’m so happy :)
I started this blanket way back, exactly one year ago. I had just gotten my order of Stylecraft Special DK from the UK and I couldn’t wait to get started. However, I wasn’t the avid hooker I am today, so after 6 rows I quickly got bored and also overwhelmed! I just couldn’t believe there were actually women out there that crochet entire blankets!?!?!
So I hibernated the project for a long time, until last month, when I decided that it should be time to finish it! And this time, it was a breeze :) Row after row after row of delicious hooky, the stitches just flew off my hook and before I knew it I had the entire thing finished! Then it only took me another two hours to get the border on and it was officially DONE.
So ladies, without further ado, I present to you: the granny stripe blanket!
Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK, I got the Lucy pack from Masons
Hook size: 5mm/H hook
Rows: 120 (or 60 color changes)
Pattern used: the well-known Granny Stripe from Lucy’s Attic24
Border: one row of grannies, two rows of dc’s, one row of sc’s and one picot-row
Happiness: 100%! I loved making this blanket despite some start-up hickups
Side-effects: the uncanny urge to start making more blankets & afghans!
Yes, I used the exact color scheme Lucy did when she first made her blanket. When I started this I just wanted the exact same thing, and I had the yarn so I just went for it. The only thing I changed was the border; I used different colors for it.
Today, I would never do that again, just copy someone else’s work. Having said that it was kind of blissful, working with a set color pattern :)
The blanket is getting a lot of use already; me and D can snuggle up under it together and it’s so nice and warm! Very welcome during these cold, cold days.
The rules for the award are:
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
So, 7 random facts about me… Let’s see.
- I have a slight headphones addiction. I currently have about 20 pairs and counting!
- I still sleep with stuffed animals.
- I’m addicted to reading. Currently I am rereading the Millennium trilogy by Stieg Larsson. (maybe it’s re-rereading; it has to be the fifth time already!)
- I also have a slight obsession with anything Woodstock related. Whenever I feel down, I just pop in the ’69 extended version DVD and voila; instant happy/hippieness! :)
- I don’t subscribe to the magazines I read. (Flow and Mollie Makes are my regulars) I like the experience of going down to the bookstore and finding them on the shelf.
- I’m an extremely slow starter in the morning. I need at least a couple of hours to get my thoughts in order before I can meet people ;)
- I am a night owl.
Alright, on to some awesome bloggers who I think don’t get enough attention and deserve this award! :)
Now I realize some of you have gotten this award before and/or recently; please don’t feel obliged to anything! :)
Alright, I’m off to put something warm on my shoulder and neck. I felt the pain in my muscles luring all week, and after last night it finally happened; I have a stiff neck :(