Hurray, free pattern day! :) Today I’m sharing the pattern to make the Posh Ruffle Scarf, that I showed you last week:
To make this shawl you need:
– 1 skein of Scheepjeswol Roma Big Rainbow (or similar chunky yarn that works up with a 10mm hook)
– 1 skein of Scheepjeswol Roma Big in purple (or similar chunky yarn that works up with a 10mm hook)
– 1/2 skein of Scheepjeswol Roma big in red (or similar chunky yarn that works up with a 10mm hook)
– 10mm knitting needles or circulars
– 10mm crochet hook
– a big darning needle
– a pair of scissors
1. First up, the knitting part of this hybrid scarf. Cast on 20 stitches, and knit back and forth in stockinette stitch (knit one row, purl one row) until you run out of yarn, or until your scarf is about 150cm/60″ long. Bind off.
2. Grab your crochet hook and the purple yarn. We’re now going around the entire knit piece in single crochet stitches. Join your yarn, and work one sc in each of the ‘v’s on the edge of the knit piece. Join with a slip stitch to the first stitch.
3. Chain 3, then work 1 double crochet into each single crochet stitch from the previous round. Join with a slip stitch to the top chain of your beginning chain 3.
4. Chain 4, then work *1dc, ch1* into each stitch around. Your edge will now definitely begin to ruffle! Join with a slip stitch to the third chain of your beginning chain 4.
5. Join your red yarn, and work *1sc, ch2* into each chain 1 space from the previous round. Finish off and sew in the ends with your darning needle.
And that’s it! :) This scarf works up in one weekend, because of the chunky yarn and big needles/hook you use. It’s very warm and cozy, and you can use it casual or when you want to dress up!