Remember this gorgeous yarn I got a couple of weeks ago, courtesy of Black Sheep Wools?
This is wonderfully chunky King Cole Ultimate Super Chunky yarn, a 70% acrylic/30% wool blend in the Moorland colour way.
And I turned these 4 yarn cakes into leg warmers! :)
To make these leg warmers, do the following.
1. With a 12mm hook, chain 6. Be sure to start with a long yarn tail. Turn, and work 1sc into each stitch (5).
2. Chain 1, turn. Work 1sc into each stitch, through the back loops only (5). Repeat this row until you have 20 rows in total. You have now made the cuff on top of the leg warmer.
3. Fold the cuff in half and line up the short edges. Slip stitch them together. Chain 2, then work 1hdc into each stitch (20). Join with a slip stitch.
4. Work 1hdc into each stitch, through the back loops only (20), then join the round with a slip stitch. Repeat this row until you have 15 rows of hdc stitches.
5. Chain 1, then work 1sc into each stitch, through the back loops only (20), then join the round with a slip stitch. Repeat this row until you have 4 rows of sc stitches.
6. Chain 1, then slip stitch into each stitch, through the back loops only (20). Finish off.
7. Use the yarn tail to sew the cuff edges together. Sew in the ends.
Easy peasy, gorgeous leg warmers squeezy! :) You can easily adjust these leg warmers to fit your legs, by making them bigger/smaller, or adjusting the length. I used exactly 4 skeins to make these leg warmers.
Are you a leg warmer person? I love to snuggle up in my PJs on Sunday morning, with my toasty leg warmers on! :)