Somehow I managed to get 2 deadlines for blankets in one month! It’s pretty crazy, but I think I can manage.
The first blanket is a tutorial project for Tuts+; a squares blanket!
I’m about 1/3 done with this blanket; the total tally for the squares is 195 (including triangle pieces for the edges; the squares are going to be diamonds). These aren’t all the colours that will be used in the blanket; there will be purples, greens and other ones added later. This will become a very eclectic, yet very subtle coloured blanket! I love love love working on these little squares, they make me very happy :) (oh and if you’re wondering why I haven’t closed them; I always wait till they’re all done, and then I close the rounds using the needle join, to make sure the edges line up and have the same amount of stitches)
I’ll keep you updated on the progress, and I’ll definitely let you know when the tutorial is published.
The second blanket is the Vintage Fan Ripple blanket, which I showed you as a WIP last year.
I wish I could tell you it was finished, but…
I haven’t even added one single stripe! This blanket still resides in it’s basket, where it is getting way too comfortable ;)
So that’s my January time sorted out I guess! The good thing is that at the end of the month, I’ll have two blankets. The bad news is that before the end of the month, I have to finish two blankets ;) It’s a good thing they are awesome to work on!